Friday, December 12, 2008

I am ThAnKkfUl FoR.....

Thanksgiving was spent at home with just our little family this year. I had to work in the afternoon so we stayed home and had a cozy little turkey dinner. I got up early and made Pumpkin Pies and got everything ready to cook so all Rob had to do was put it in the oven. We pulled out the fine China and and the Crystal glasses- the kids thought that was cool. Carson had a hard time drinking from the stemmed glasses. He spilled on his shirt a few times. It was a good time for a lesson on table etiquette.


We made Hand Turkey Place Cards! The emitting excitement from Carson is overwhelming isn't it? This activity intended for the kids ended up entertaining Rob for hours as the kids were done in 15 minutes. I think it was just an excuses to NOT help peel potatoes!!!






I had my ActiVitY DaYs with the girls and we did Gratitude Journals. We are supposed to write in them the things we are thankful for each day for the upcoming year. I thought I better update and list a few. I have been slacking a bit on the Blog Thing. Or, it could be that I worked 5 out of 6 nights/days over Thanksgiving and I truly have not recovered from it and my sleep (or should I say NO SLEEP) pattern is totally out of WaCK!




" You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: The more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you." - Sarah Ban Breathnack-








I aM ThAnkFul FOr...... (In no particular order)

My Family -(of course)
My Savior Jesus Christ and his Atoning Sacrifice
My Health & the Health of my Children- (1 more year without a visit to PCMC!)
The Chance to meet Aaron this year!
My Job -(sounds weird but it's true some people don't have one)
LaUGhTer! I love to hear my kids laugh!!!
Del Taco's - 3 for $ .99 taco night!!! One less night I have to cook!
Magic Erasers - Love These things!!!
Pictures of Great Memories
My soap from AfRiCa -gets even red dirt out of whites
OnliNe ShoPpIng
GooD FrIeNDs
When Loralee cleans out her CLoSeTs
When I sleep for more than 4 HoUrs
SuNny DayS
WatChIng the LiGhtNing and RaIn wiTh the KidS.
a Black sky full of Shinning Stars
Sunsets and Sun Rises.


I will continue this list throughout the year as I enter things in my Gratitude Journal.

No comments: