Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MoaB MaDdneSs

Carson and I went to the great town of Moab the other weekend to watch Aaron's first Motocross race of the year.


First of all I have never been to Moab so of course I got on my trusty computer and used MapQuest to figure out the best route. I figured it was 2 hours to 1-70 then about another 2 or so to Moab. First mistake, I didn't read the fine print. Second mistake, we left at 7:30pm. Third mistake, Aaron was driving alone so I talked him into just meeting me at 1-70 so we could follow each other. (Let it be known that it would have only taken Aaron about 2 1/2 hours from his house to Moab.) Oh yes and there is a Fourth Mistake, It was supposed to SnoW!

Well we hit snow (which is an understatement) past Cedar and I was white knuckling it while my Co-Pilot Carson was laid back with his i-pod taking a little snooze.



Aaron called and he got pulled over because his tail lights were out. We met at 1-70 and I tailgated him with no tail lights going 30 mph to Richfield. We stopped at Wingers and the waitress told us that it was still another 3 1/2 to 4 hours to Moab. Especially in this snow! (Are You KIDDING me!) Aaron was not very happy since it was already almost 11pm and we had been driving already for 3+ hours, not to mention that and he could have already been there if he had just gone the way he usually goes.. Ooops Sorry!

Well long story short, he jumped into my car and we made it to Moab at 1:30am.



It SNoWeD on Saturday and so there was only 1 race. Aaron came in second. Way to Go! (Not bad for the first race in 2 years)



Next day he was second again the first Moto and then the second he was in FiRsT until he had some equipment malfunctions!!!


It was fun to watch him and to meet some more of his family.

1 comment:

Staci Wilson said...

So, I won't call you for directions. That story is awful!! I am just glad you didn't have the whole family with you.