Saturday, November 15, 2008

ON TO BASKETBALL !!!!

"How a man plays the game shows something of his character, how he loses shows all of it." - Author Unknown




Carsons team played for the 2008 CHAMPIONSHIP on Saturday and came in second. They have gone undefeated all year long and lost to the Bulldogs 12-20. This is the Bulldogs second year with the Championship title. The boys played well and had a great season just came up short in the end.
I was totally IMPRESSED with Carson and a few of his friends as they ran off the field with tears in their eyes but with their heads held high. They even made an extra effort to congratulate a few of the Bulldogs players on the way out of the stadium. What a great example of LEADERSHIP and SPORTSMANSHIP. I was more proud of that than how he actually played. (However, I was impressed with how he played also!) He had three complete passes and ran one in for a touchdown.




Thanks to all that came to support him. They are already planning for next years season and how they will knock the Bulldogs off of their championship streak. As for now it's on to BASKETBALL!!





I have to include a few Cambria-izms for the week.
#1 As I stated previously they call Carson Ocho Uno because his number is 81....

So Cambria is in the stands leading the cheers saying "Go Nacho Uno! Go Nacho Uno!" (I guess we need to work on the Spanish.)


#2 Where do kids come up with this?....... (Parents - watch what you say)

Since the recent elections we have had some interesting conversations at our house. The first one was about John McCain. Cambria was worried about who I was voting for because she heard at school that McCain was going to make the kids go to and extra day of school. "Mom, do you realize that we will have to go to school on SATURDAY!"

The other was about Obama - Cambria heard at school that... "If Obama was elected he was going to make all the white people slaves." Needless to say we had to have a chat about slavery, tolerance, and most of all about not listening to the other kids at school!

1 comment:

Womb Nanny said...

I love the Nacho Uno line, cracks me up.