January has come and gone and so here is an update...........
Carson has been playing basketball and has finished the season with only one loss. Although he is a hustler, he forgets sometimes that it's basketball not football. Plus he thinks that they don't keep track of who fouls so he can never foul out. I had to remind him that even though the first is true (they don't keep track of who fouls) his mother does, and I have no problem causing a scene and yanking his skinny butt out! It is important to me that my kids remember who they are and what they stand for. This is a lesson they may have to learn the hard way. Luckily they haven't tested me yet.
Cambria has started dance and is loving it although it has been a bit challenging. After watching her a few times I came to the conclusion that she would do much better if she didn't have to waste time figuring out which foot is right and which foot is left. The same goes for her right and left arm. My solution....... She is now wearing a hair band on her right wrist and she has a piece of tape on her right shoe. Walla problem solved!!!!
Cambria also had a great accomplishment in the month of January. She won an award from the Utah State Board of Education. It's for Outstanding Performance and scoring in the top 10% in the NATION in Reading on the Iowa Test!
I haven't reported any Cambriaisms for a while so here are a few.
#1 Cambria and cousin Brianna were talking back and forth in the back seat as I was driving, when they kept saying things at the same time. They did the usual...... "jinks you owe me a coke,1..2...3..." when Cambria announced, "That's crazy we keep doing that it's like we have cousin technology!"- Interpretation: Cousin Telepathy!
#2 I was explaining to Cambria what Claustrophobic was one day which is a VERY long process. I heard her later talking to her friends and telling them that she gets caterphobic.
I have to include something Carson said too. It isn't often that Carson says something that doesn't make sense but....He was talking about cars and he said "Watch it exhilarate!" Interpretation - accelerate.
Cyrie is crazy as ever, although she is getting better about getting into stuff and making a mess. She is into band-aids and loves to put them on everything. She will get a stool and get them out of the cupboard and of course, put them on herself. She loves to dress herself and put her clothes on by herself but still refuses to go potty in the toilet. Doesn't make sense to me! Here is a picture of when she dressed herself. Notice that she has Cambria's shoes on and "Micky Mouse Gloves" (All gloves are Micky Mouse's)



2 comments:
I love those Cambria stories!!
I loved this story. I can't believe how big those kids are getting. Make them stop?? Please? I am still trying to figure out when I can come down that way. I'm hoping it's gonna be over spring break. But I don't know....we'll see how Ellen is with the schedule.
Post a Comment